Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
- Home Care #1 Option For NJ Seniors Following Hospitalization - October 26, 2018
- New Jersey Caregivers Spotlight – Meet Shanta Foreman - October 12, 2018
New Jersey’s Expert Home Care for Elders and Seniors provides care for your aging loved ones since 1984. Please call us when your loved one needs help – 800-848-2336.
Assisted Living prevents falls In senior’s home
Approximately 25 percent of the population age 65 and older requires treatment for injuries received from a fall every year. In fact, falls are the leading cause of injury for people in that age group.
So, what can the average â€œseniorâ€ do to protect themselves from a fall? There are several things to consider:
- Keep Your Home Safe. A majority of falls happen in the home. To make your home more fall proof, you should eliminate as many trip hazards as possible.
- Make sure all throw-rugs have non-slip backing pads.
- Make sure all stairwells and hallways are well lit and free of clutter.
- Equip bathrooms, bathtubs and shower stalls with securely attached grab-bars and use non-skid mats or treads to help prevent slips and falls.
- Stay Active. An active lifestyle is one of the best of all possible ways to reduce your â€œrisksâ€ in many areas, not just falling.
- Physical activity keeps your muscles strong, helps maintain bone density, keeps you limber and flexible, as well as helping you maintain a good sense of balance.
- Walking, gardening and stretching exercises are all good ways to help maintain optimum body mechanics no matter what your age.
- Live Healthy. Remember, eating a well balanced diet, limiting your consumption of alcohol, which may interact with your medications.
- Staying active and getting regular health check ups can all help you avoid falls, as well as many other health problems that could keep you down.
New Jersey’s Expert Home Care for Elders and Seniors is here to help provideÂ care forÂ aging seniors in New Jersey.Â Please call us if you have questions or concerns about yourÂ loved one – 800-848-2336.