The Van Horne House was built c. 1750 and served as the headquarters for General Benjamin Lincoln in the spring of 1777, during the American Revolutionary War, in particular the Battle of Bound Brook. Later, it served as the headquarters for General William Alexander, Lord Stirling during the second Middlebrook encampment (1778–79). It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002 for its locally significant Colonial Revival architecture from 1937 to 1944.
The Van Veghten House was built c. 1725 and served as the headquarters for Quartermaster General Nathanael Greene during the second Middlebrook encampment. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, and noted as representing “one of the few remaining Raritan River mansions”.
Places of worship in Bridgewater include churches for a number of Christian denominations; Temple Sholom, a Conservative Jewish synagogue formed in 1966; Sri Venkateswara Temple, a Hindu temple inaugurated in 1998; and the Garden State Sikh Association Gurudwara, a Sikh temple.