Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
- Home Care #1 Option For NJ Seniors Following Hospitalization - October 26, 2018
- New Jersey Caregivers Spotlight – Meet Shanta Foreman - October 12, 2018
Expert Home Care delivers home health services toÂ seniors atÂ home. We help seniors live at home safely and independently in New Jersey. Here’s more information on whether you should consider a will or a living trust for your estate planning in NJ. We can be reached atÂ (800) 848-2336.
NJ Seniors Seek Simple Wills
You probably have read and heard throughout your lifeÂ that if all youÂ is take care of your legal affairs,Â you should write a will. That’s greatÂ advice. Keep in mind that whenÂ you don’t make a will before your death, then state law will determine who gets your property – the bad newsÂ it mayÂ not be whom you would have chosen!
What might be worse.. is a judge may decide who will raise your children. In your will, you can make these decisions yourself. Forget the fancy trusts you’ve heard about: most people can get by with only a basic will.
Maybe all you need is a basic will, you can confidently use a good self-help book or software to make a legally binding will that:
- leaves your property to the people and organizations you choose
- names a guardian to care for your minor children if you can’t
- names someone to manage property you leave to minor children (yours or someone else’s), and
- names your executor, the person with authority to make sure that the terms of your will are carried out.