Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Senior Home Care Preparation For New Jersey Families - December 17, 2018
- Elder Abuse More Common Than Thought - December 10, 2018
- Walking Seniors Improve Their Health - November 29, 2018
Expert Home CareÂ helps agingÂ seniors in New JerseyÂ Live-in care, Elder care,Â & Senior home care in NJ – Expert ElderÂ Home Care in Somerville, Red Bank, Lakewood, Hackettstown, Ridgewood, Princeton, Trenton, Flemington, Morristown, Wayne.Â Â 800-848-2336.
Tips to Lose the Blues
We all â€œget-the-bluesâ€ occasionally. For some, the â€œbluesâ€ can be a long, drawn-out, and debilitating episode of deep depression that may require both medical and psychological intervention and treatment to set things right again.
If you are â€œblueâ€ for long periods of time, we urge you to seek professional help. If, on the other hand, your â€œbluesâ€ are a temporary thing, here are some ways to chase them away:
- Eat a good breakfast. Research shows eating a nutritional, well-balanced breakfast helps keep your blood-sugar and energy levels high and helps to fight mid-day fatigue and moodiness.
- Let the light shine in. Bright, sunny, â€œemotionally lightâ€ spaces can help beat the blues. So, open the curtains, trim back the shrubs around your windows, or bring in some extra lamps â€¦ but let the light shine bright!
- Try aromatherapy. Pleasant fragrances can lessen depression, relieve anxiety and improve your mood because the part of your brain that is responsible for â€œsmellâ€ interacts with the part that regulates emotion.
- Give yourself a good laugh. Watch a videotape of your favorite comedian. Laughing out loud causes the brain to release endorphins that can make you feel better all over.
These are a few of the ways you can beat-the-blues. If none of these are to your liking then you can also try:
- Uplifting music
- Take a walk
- Close your eyes and â€œimagineâ€ the most beautiful sunset/sunrise youâ€™ve ever seen.
Expert Home Care, Inc meets all BBBOnLine participation and Better Business Bureau membership standards and is authorized to display the BBBOnLine trustmark.
This company has been in business since 01/01/1985
This company became a Better Business Bureau member on 05/27/2008
This company was approved for BBBOnLine’s trustmark on 06/11/2008