Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Senior Home Care Preparation For New Jersey Families - December 17, 2018
- Elder Abuse More Common Than Thought - December 10, 2018
- Walking Seniors Improve Their Health - November 29, 2018
Expert Home Care – A New Jersey Senior Care, Elder Care, and Live-In Home care agency sponsors a Live Focus on Senior Radio program on wsRadio.com.Â Hosts are David Goodman, President of Expert Home Care New Jersey and Frank Esposito, Vice President of Expert Home Care New Jersey.
You are invited to listen to our host, Frank Esposito, interview Donald Vanarelli, Esq., certified elder law attorney and co-founder of the Elder Mediation Center of New Jersey.Â The topicÂ of theÂ radio interviewÂ is Elder Law MediationÂ (click to listen).Â Don VanarelliÂ explains the circumstances that make elder law mediation a viable option for resolving disputes between family members over care, finances, independence and other issues involving elderly parents.
What is elder mediation?
Mr. Vanarelli explains that mediation is primarily for family membersÂ to find resolution when helping aging parents become a topic of family dispute, “when family members are unable to hear one another and find resolution on hard elder care issues, mediation can help find agreement between family members,” says Don Vanarelli.
Some of those hard elder care issues are:
- Housing Issues
- Power of Attorney
- Family caregiving – scheduling sibling’s time committments and responsibilities
- Finding in-home help for aging relative or parent
- Living arrangements
- Healthcare Issues & planning
- Estate Planning
- Medical Treatments
It’s best to come to resolution before filing a lawsuit, going to court, and having the judge make decisions for the family. If you are in dispute over any of the issues listed above or maybe another hard elder care concern, you might consider going to a professional like an elder law attorney to get resolution before your family comes to an impasse. It’s always better to keep the lines of communication open, especially when seeking soltutions that are best for your mom and dad.
Donald Vanarelli, Esq., certified elder law attorney points out in the radio interview some of the benefits you, a family as a whole, receives from mediation:
- Siblings come together in the same room – this may be the first time in years if family siblings live in different states.
- You get to experience sibling’s body language and make eye contact
- You may also view your parent’s reactions,Â physical responses
- Walk away with problems resolved, next steps to take, and have specific, clear action items for each family member to do/take
Call us for senior live-in help today, 800-848-2336 or contact Expert Home Care New Jersey.