About Expert Home Care of New Jersey
Expert Home Care is one of the largest, exclusive “private pay” providers of New Jersey Live In home health care services. Since its establishment in 1985, Expert Home Care continues to lead by example.
The NJ State Division of Consumer Affairs licenses Expert Home Care as a Health Care Services Firm. As required under this licensing, EHC is the direct employer of all it’s personnel and assumes full responsibility for all employee related taxes to be withheld and insurances such as unemployment, disability and workmans compensation to be maintained. We also provide a Registered Nurse to supervise all caregivers on a periodic basis which helps to ensure your loved one is getting the best care possible.
The owners of Expert Home Care are Certified Senior Advisors (CSA) and belong to several local and national groups that support the home care industry and protect the consumer. Not all agencies are created equal. Ask us about the important safeguards you should be concerned with as a consumer.
Expert Home Care offers
- 48 Hour Caregiver Guarantee
- Free in-home consultation
- Quick placement, often within 24 to 48 hours.
- Care for individuals who are disabled, recovering from illness or surgery, or who are chronically ill or frail
- Respite, Hospice, Short and Long-Term Care
- RN (Registered Nurse) Supervision
- Delivery & Pick-Up Transportation for the caregivers (where available)
- 24 hours, 7 days a week on-call service
- Highly Competitive Rates
- Pet Therapy visits
- Services to the following counties : Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren
About our Caregivers
At Expert Home Care, we specialize in recruiting, hiring and placing Live-in caregivers. It’s our main focus and priority! When you need a caregiver fast, Expert Home Care can come through for you.
We perform all the standard pre-screening checks that you would expect from an agency. But the most important item in our opinion is that you are getting an experienced and compassionate caregiver who is fully oriented and committed towards living in a client’s home. Our caregivers are flexible and many of them have been doing this for several years so they know what to expect. Our caregivers usually live in 7 days per week and can stay for consecutive weeks at a time, all of which leads to a better bond and enhanced continuity of care.
All personnel are carefully screened, tested and bonded prior to placement in the home. They are also required to pass pre-employment physicals and undergo competency evaluations. Expert Home Care also does comprehensive criminal background checks and DMV reports on all personnel. To ensure a successful placement, we match the caregiver’s skill level to the specific needs and personality of each client.
We perform the following during interview and screening process:
- In-depth interview to determine skill level and experience
- Verbal and written confirmation of work references provided
- Industry recognized written exam
- License/certificate verification in accordance with statutes
- Criminal background and motor vehicle checks
Once a caregiver has been successfully screened and is approved for placement onto assignment each employee receives:
- Orientation to policies and procedures
- 12+ hours of required In-Service training on a variety of health related topics
- Competency and Performance evaluations by RN
- Ongoing case supervision and monitoring by RN
- Maintenance of health records and license status.
At Expert we are the direct employer of our caregivers taking care of all tax withholdings, unemployment and workers compensation insurances.