Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Morristown NJ Morris County Home Health Care Expansion Announced - June 13, 2019
- NJ Home Health Care Aides Help Seniors: 6 Good Reasons To Get One - June 5, 2019
- Ann’s New Jersey Home Care Story - April 15, 2019
New Jersey’s Expert Home Care ensures the safety of your loved one in the comfort of their home.Â Please call us atÂ 800-848-2336.
AÂ healthy immune system is capable of eliminatingÂ dangerous infections and diseases before youâ€™re even aware of them.Â Our bodyâ€™s immune system is a thriving swarm of billions and billions of white blood cells, T-cells and other antibodies that have one goal: to recognize foreign invaders within our body and destroy them!
When bacteria enters your body through a cut,Â specialized cells called macrophages rush to the scene to devour the invaders. Other helper T-cells, killer T-cells and B-cells which create antibodies also rush to the site to clean up any bacterial fragments left behind.
Viruses are more insidious than bacterial infections because they sneak into our cells and have the ability to alter them for their own purposes. Against a viral infection, the immune system dispatches swarms of antibodies to attack the viral invaders. In addition, your immune system has memory cells that analyze each viral infection, remembers the formula that successfully defeated it, and creates an immunity to that exact virus in the future.
Lastly, our immune system contains free ranging agents called natural killer (NK) cells that seem to be programmed to attack both viruses and cancer cells. Fortunately, you can strengthen your immune system without too much effort:
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Cut down on fats.
- Take supplements containing the antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise increases blood flow and helps to move immune cells throughout your body.
- Minimize or neutralize the effects of stress. Chronic, unrelieved stress is probably the most severe threat to your bodyâ€™s immune system.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Quit smoking cigarettes
- Get a good nightâ€™s sleep.
Without our immune system, even the mildest infection would be lethal. Under normal circumstances and with a little care and common sense, we can all keep our bodyâ€™s immune system healthy and strong.
New Jersey’s Expert Home CareÂ can help keep your aging relatives safe & healthy. Call us at 800-848-2336.