Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
- Home Care #1 Option For NJ Seniors Following Hospitalization - October 26, 2018
- New Jersey Caregivers Spotlight – Meet Shanta Foreman - October 12, 2018
Do You Remember…when? Expert Home CareÂ New JerseyÂ shares with our readersÂ a walk down memory lane!Â Â If you need help caring for an aging parent, call us at 800-848-2336.
According to conventional wisdom, people who were kids in the ’40s, ’50s, ’60s, or even maybe the early ’70s probably shouldn’t have survived.
- Our baby cribs were covered with brightly colored, lead-based paint.
- We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets. And there was nothing to stop us from sticking a fork in an electrical outlet.
- As children, we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. And we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.Â
- Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was a special treat.
- We drank water from dirty garden hoses â€” not from bottles. Oh the horrors!
- We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from it.
- We spent hours building go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.
- We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents?
- We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it â€” or punch harder next time.
- We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms and mud pies. And contrary to what we were told, we didn’t put out very many eyes and the worms didn’t live inside us forever.
- You’re more resilient than you thought. Congratulations for having survived!Â