Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Elder Abuse More Common Than Thought - December 10, 2018
- Walking Seniors Improve Their Health - November 29, 2018
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
Expert Home Care – A New Jersey Senior Care, Elder Care, and Live-In Home care agency sponsors a Live Focus on Senior Radio program on wsRadio.com.Â Hosts are David Goodman, President of Expert Home Care New Jersey and Frank Esposito, Vice President of Expert Home Care New Jersey.
Senior Safety atÂ Home in New Jersey
The average “senior citizen” in NJ can do the following to ensure their safety at home:
1. Every senior should eliminate hazardous items that could cause a fall to occur.
2. Equip yourÂ bathrooms, bathtubs and shower stalls with grab bars that are securely attached.
3. All rugs must be secured withÂ non-slip backing pads.
4. Maintain an active lifestyle.Â Being physically activity and stretching exercises keeps muscles strong.
5. Engage in as many activities that are healthy and fun.
6. Eat a well balanced diet.Â
7. Remember: staying active and seeing your doctor regularly will not only help you to avoid falls, but will help you manage any health problems that already exist.