Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
- Home Care #1 Option For NJ Seniors Following Hospitalization - October 26, 2018
- New Jersey Caregivers Spotlight – Meet Shanta Foreman - October 12, 2018
Burnout From Caring For A Loved One With Alzheimerâ€™s
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimers often leads to such symptoms as denial, anger, social withdrawal, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, and irritability.Â It can be an all-consuming 24-hour-a-day, seven-day a week grind.
What can you do?Â At Expert Home Care, we suggest the following:
- Manage your stress level. Use various relaxation techniques to ease the stress and consult your doctor.
- Take care of yourself. Donâ€™t ignore your own health, or youâ€™ll suffer burn out.Â Â Watch your diet, exercise and get plenty of sleep.
- Join a support group. There are many others out there like you and there is support in numbers.
- Do legal and financial planning. There are issues that need to be discussed â€“ make sure you take care of these sooner rather than later.
- Give yourself a break. Bring in a home health aide to assist with the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, toileting and feeding) or to help around the house.Â This can help you recharge your batteries several hours during the day or, by choosing respite care, for a long weekend.
- Donâ€™t be a martyr. You are not expected to do it all alone.Â Seek the support of family, friends and community resources.
New Jerseyâ€™s Expert Home Care for Elders and Seniors has been providing senior care, home care & live-in care for your aging loved ones since 1984. Please call us when you need help at 800-848-2336. Click for a Free Home Care Consumer Guide for selecting the most appropriate home care agency for your loved one.
Posted By: Frank