- New Jersey Senior Care Costs 2018 By Category - September 4, 2019
- Mercer County NJ Home Health Care Services Expanded - August 13, 2019
- Monmouth NJ Monmouth County Home Health Care Expansion Announced - July 22, 2019
NJ Senior Health
In most cases, minutes and even seconds can determine the outcome of a heart attack or stroke.Â It all starts with recognizing the signs of each and getting help as soon as possible.
Here are signs for both:
Chest discomfort. For both men and women, the classic signs and symptoms of a heart attack usually involve discomfort in the center of the chest lasting more than a few minutes, or pain that goes away and comes back. The pain can be stabbing or crushing, or feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or a burning pain.
Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Men and women may experience squeezing pain in the chest or left upper arm that radiates to one or both arms, the back, shoulders, neck, jaw or stomach.
Severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. This feeling often accompanies chest discomfort. But it can occur before the chest discomfort begins.
Other heart attack signs and symptoms that can occur without chest pain. Breaking out in a cold sweat for no apparent reason, severe indigestion, nausea, vomiting, light-headedness, dizziness, weakness, extreme fatigue, fainting, heart palpitations (pounding heartbeats), or a sensation of panic with a feeling of impending doom.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Loss of ability to speak or understand others
- Vision trouble or loss
- A problem with walking, feeling dizzy, not being able to balance one’s self.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
If the symptoms are vague, as they can be at times, don’t hesitate.Â You are better off being safe than sorry.
New Jerseyâ€™s Expert Home Care provides professional and reliable home health care and companion care for NJ seniors, helping them with their daily living activities since 1984. Please call us toll free at 800-848-2336 when you have elder care related questions or need assistance.
Posted by: Frank Esposito, Vice President of Expert Home Care