Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Morristown NJ Morris County Home Health Care Expansion Announced - June 13, 2019
- NJ Home Health Care Aides Help Seniors: 6 Good Reasons To Get One - June 5, 2019
- Ann’s New Jersey Home Care Story - April 15, 2019
New Jersey’s Expert Home Care for Elders and Seniors provides care for your aging loved ones since 1984. Please call us when your loved one needs help – 800-848-2336.
If you’ve been inactive for awhile, it’s best to start with a small amount of cardio exercise, and to limit your exercise to activities that require a moderate amount of endurance.
Here are some examples of moderate endurance activities for the average older adult:
- Walking briskly on a level surface
- Gardening, mowing, or raking the lawn
- Cycling on a stationary bicycle
- Bicycling outdoors on a level surface
Vigorous Cardio Activities for Older Adults
If you have some experience with cardio exercise and have increased your endurance to at least a moderate level, these activities may be safe for you to do.
People who have been inactive for a long time or who have certain health risks should not start with these activities. Remember to get your health care provider’s approval before beginning any form of exercise.
- Climbing stairs or hills
- Shoveling snow
- Brisk bicycling up hills
- Digging holes
Remember to get your health care provider’s approval before beginning any form of exercise.