Latest posts by Expert Home Care (see all)
- Expert Home Care Receives NJ BBB Award for 10 Years Accredited Membership - October 29, 2018
- Home Care #1 Option For NJ Seniors Following Hospitalization - October 26, 2018
- New Jersey Caregivers Spotlight – Meet Shanta Foreman - October 12, 2018
In our post yesterday, it addressed New Jersey Elders and Seniors – and how you need to pay attention to their diet and nutrition..Â even though youÂ live veryÂ busy lives, youÂ must take the time to eat right and exercise! Expert Home and Live-In Care for Seniors and Elders in New Jersey. If you have an aging relative, and they need help withÂ daily living activities, please call 800-848-2336.
We highly advise our New Jersey Seniors to exercise and eat healthy foods.Â Moderate exercise is good for you. The question is, What is moderate exercise? Well, according to the experts, a moderate exercise program doesnâ€™t necessarily have to be EXERCISE in the traditional sense at all.
Moderate exercise can be …
- Walking â€œbrisklyâ€ for 30 minutes.
- Riding a bicycle 4 miles in 15 minutes.
- Using a â€œstair-climberâ€ for 15 minutes.
- Washing windows or floors for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Gardening for 45 minutes.
- Raking leaves for 30 minutes.
- Shoveling snow for 15 minutes.
- Dancing fast for 30 minutes.
If youâ€™re considering beginning an exercise program andÂ youâ€™re currently getting no exercise at all, itâ€™s a good idea to call your doctor just to ask if there are any reasons why you shouldnâ€™t start. Assuming that he/sheÂ says itâ€™s okay, the next thing to remember is to start gently. The surest way to sabotage your good intentions is to go â€œall outâ€ on the first day, and then wake up the next morning so stiff and sore you give up the idea of exercising altogether.
Begin easy and work up to a moderate exercise program that uses approximately 150 calories per day. If you start slow, you may find yourself looking forward to gradually increasing your exercise routine as your level of fitness, strength and energy increases and thatâ€™s good for your health, your heart and your outlook on life!
Have a happy and healthy senior life in New Jersey. If you live in New Jersey, aging, and want to stay home longer but need help doing so,Â please contact Expert Home and Live-In Care for Seniors and Elders in New JerseyÂ or give us aÂ call 800-848-2336.